Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yet Another Letter...

Hello Everybody!

I had all I wanted to say planned out. And now my mind went blank.... The food's still bad, as always, but I'm getting by pretty well!! I just can't wait to make my own food or eat the food of the amazing Iowans. On that note, I bought one of my first days here an Iowa shirt, the last one there and the envy of all the other Iowan Missionaries. Today's P-Day, obviously, so I'm soaking up the chance to wear it and jeans. Today was possibly my last chance at going to the temple for two years!! I actually like the Provo Temple. It's like the Seattle Temple just not as Austere (CARI FIX MY SPELLING IF YOU CAN!!! Rachel told me about your spelling error in my Facebook status.... OH, and hope Florida went well, while I'm writing to you! Send me your Address so I can write you!!). If there is anybody who hasn't written me yet, don't bother, unless you do it by DearElder, or else it won't get here FOREVER. Mail is so slow.... I'm progressing well and learning a lot. I love being in the MTC and while I don't always get along perfect with everyone in my district, I love them and will miss them all. My comp and my roommates actually leave on monday, two days before me, so we'll see how that works out. I'll probably be put into a threesome and have one of the elders from the other room in my district sleep in my room. I'm also the travel leader for the other 7 Iowan Missionaries. Colorado Springs, the other mission in my district, has 19 or so missionaries going out the same day. Kinda strange the number difference.... I'm learning how to use my time well and schedule, one of my biggest problems here, as Mom could tell anyone reading this. I wish I had listened to all of your advice before so I didn't have to learn the hard way this lesson. OH!! I had my first callback in the Referral Center this last saturday! So, the RC is the place where all of those people who call about getting BoMs or Bibles Or DVDs can order them and, guess what, it's us missionaries who talk to them! And we call people back to see if they got the stuff and want to meet with the missionaries. Anyway, there was one person who called in and ordered a bible from me and wanted to have missionaries bring the bible by, but apparently there are no missionaries in his area. So I called him back a couple days later and taught him the first lesson and sent him a BoM. He accepted all of my commitments to read the Bible and BoM and pray about them and if God tells him it's right to seek out the church so that's good! But I don't know for sure if he's really gonna go anywhere... I'm hopeful, though, he seemed like a good guy. I love talking to people from the south on there, because the few times where the people don't let it go to answering machine or hang up on you, they're really sweet. I really don't know what else to report on...so I'll see if I can ramble some more about random stuff....

Ok, quick Bios on the missionaries in my district:
Elder Facer: My companion from Orange County, Cali. Loves surfing and all those other board sports. Great companion even if our personalities don't perfectly match.

Elder Bruin: Roommate from Murray, Utah, going to Colorado springs. Funny kid, Especially around his companion.

Elder Schaffner: Other roommate and from Tallahassee, FL. Has an awesome southern accent and is hilarious, especially when telling stories.

Elder Knapp: Kinda quiet comparatively, but an awesome missionary, from Salem, OR, and all the elders keep bugging him about writing his sister. Went on splits with him in teaching once and we were amazing. We're gonna Enoch-ize Iowa.

Elder Wayland: From Idaho, and good to talk to about movies. Both of us seem to have the same tastes (especially since mine were changed during college, thanks Ellises!)

Elder Vidrine: From somewhere in the south, Loves World of Warcraft, and is an interesting, cool guy.

Elder Poulson: Loud personality but is hilarious. Began the Swine Flue Outbreak (NOT ACTUALLY SWINE FLU WE JUST CALL IT THAT! It's just a cold) in my district that has gotten a lot of elders sick but luckily not me. We're technically on a no-touch policy cuz of that, actually....

Sister Doggett: Mixture between Hermione Granger and Katie Palmer. Has done tons and is awesome.

Sister Pena: Really cool sister. OUtta time, gotta sign off now.

No comments: