Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Latest Letters

Mom and Dad,



I'm doing well, actually. I'm learning to rely on the Lord and not others. He is my constant freind I can always trust in. I'm changing, for I know that I'm the only one I can change. I have never felt the spirit so strongly nor so frequently, but with it's presence, I know I can overcome all, for the Lord will provide. I love my companion, and working on that love. waiting until next week to send this seemed far too long. I'll pull through all obstacles in my way, for I know this is what I need to be doing.



I love you all very much. This work and gospel are truer than I ever knew and could ever express. Stay safe.



Much Love,

Charlie



PS I officially leave the MTC on the 26th of Qugust at 7:10am, arrive at the Phoenix, AZ airport at 7:49 am, leave there at 9:02am and arrive at 2pm in Iowa.





Mom and Dad,



I'm teaching a lesson on the phone tommorrow to a guy who called in for a free bible but had no missionaries in the area, so I get to take their place. Freaky... but it should be good. Talking to real people on the phone is nerve-racking but good. I'm the travel leader for our 7 or 8 Iowan missionaries so I get to boss them around. Here's some pictures. I know e-mailing might be better but only having 30 minutes to e-mail... Yeah. so here's a couple from our first walk to the temple.



Love,

Elder (charlie) Gates

No comments: