So this week we had the opportunity to have three Priests in the stake come to Dubuque and serve a mini mission. Mini Missions are fairly common activities out here in Iowa where Priests and Laurels have the opportunity to be set apart as missionaries for a few days and experience what a full day of missionary service is like. I really wish we had it back at home because it seems to be an amazing testimony builder and effectively gets them excited for serving their own missions. This also allowed us to split up at times into three companionships in Dubuque, allowing for us to now be up to four baptismal dates. One is for this Wednesday, which has been planned for awhile; another is for this coming Saturday, which might not happen then due to some unneeded drama; and the last two are for the sixth and thirteenth of August. Pretty exciting stuff! I'm doing all I can to make sure I finish strong. The trio is still going great, but Wayland often gets borrowed by X-Factor (have I mentioned that we're Dub Hub and the other companionship is X-Factor?) to help teach. I'm still enjoying the bike, even when just being outside makes sweat pour down my face. It's been so humid yesterday and today that I can't even walk outside without my glasses fogging and taking my bike outside ends up with it being covered in moisture. There are some things I won't miss about Iowa. How anybody lived here, or wanted to live here, before air conditioning is beyond me. I got to see Abby and Jeremy this past week, which was really cool! They very kindly took us out to eat at a great pizza place. I loved especially being able to see their daughter, Lorena. She really is adorable. You would almost think she was Marshallese with how cute of a kid she is. I didn't realize, either, that Jeremy was so closely connected with Dubuque.
Well, that's it for this week?
--
Ij Yokwe Yuk!
Elder Charlie Gates