So this is the point in my mission where weekly emails seem fairly pointless.
We didn't move.
We got a dehumidifier so the moistness is gone.
Flies, however, have moved in and are now tormenting us. Elder Poulsen is a fantastic fly-slayer and does a great job wielding his handy vacuum and knotted up, ugly tie.
The other day, while riding my bike, I encountered the sum of all of my bicycling fears: Interference between my chosen trajectory and a vehicle; more specifically, a car door opening in my way. Luckily, however, I was able to use my catlike speed and reflexes to protect my bicycle handle from the edge of the door with my finger and my bike frame from the ground with my hip. I hopped back up quickly as it was a busy street and pulled ol' Felicity Charity out of the road. The man was very apologetic for it all and asked if there was anything he could do. I simply asked for a bandage for my profusely bleeding finger, which he swiftly obliged to, only to realize he taken out his first aid kit when he had gone to the beach (poor excuse in a landlocked state). We still had to get the key for the apartment we had been looking at back to the landlord before his office closed so we hurried and biked on back there and then finally headed back up to our apartment for me to clean up. Dried blood was coating my handlebar by this point, which felt much like dried paint. I cleaned it and bandaged it well, and also hid it well from Elder Poulsen, who has a problem with cuts in the extremities. It swelled up fairly nicely and the bandage I put on it soon had blood seeping out of it and also no longer fit as the swelling went down. It is now scabbed up fairly nicely and I am hoping for a significant war wound scar. I also have a nice looking rainbow colored bruise on my shin.
Our investigators are coming along well enough. Most of them are teenagers so they currently have to overcome trials with investigating, being either friends or social groups. One is being taken care of today when we go see him and his father to explain what all we believe and ask for permission to teach and even baptize him, and the other will take some explaining of choosing eternal life over friends. But our current baptismal date is still on track for baptism!
Lovin it up.
--
Ij Yokwe Yuk!
Elder Charlie Gates