Tuesday, January 4, 2011

21 Years of God Saying: "Here Charlie, I Have Some Leftover Craziness, Have At It."

I know my subject is doctrinally incorrect, but oh well.
I loved my birthday package! I have to say it was kind of odd finding so many dog references in there, and the hilarious toys, but whatever, I loved it!
So the baptism still has not gone through, she still has not quit smoking. Casey has moved down to Texas now to start a new job, and hopefully Dena and the kids will be following behind in the next month as he gets the money for it. We're happy he's found a job to support his family. So now we'll need to make sure that we have men with us at all the lessons. But our game plan now is to wait on setting a date till she is quit altogether. It's sad to think I might not be here to baptize her, but I'm trying my best to stay. I know that where I go and who I'm with is where the Lord wants me to go and who the Lord wants me to be with, so I'm down with whatever happens. But I would like to stay. We'll find out Saturday what the turnout is for sure.
So for my birthday I used the money mom sent out for it and took the district out to lunch and got myself a cheesecake. I have to sign out so I'll talk to you next week! Hope you like my new signature, I think it fits me.
--

"For business reasons I must preserve the outward signs of sanity." -Mark Twain
Love, Elder Charlie Gates