Monday, December 28, 2009

A Yankton "Indian Summer" (Nov 9)

Hola Everyone!

The weather has been great lately! We've been getting up into the sixties and seventies! We got to take off our suitjackets, even. Too bad we drove an hour during that time so we didn't have much time to enjoy it with tracting or whatever. I love, though, tracting entire towns in a little over an hour. Sorry, people, but those are just glorified neighborhoods.

The work's great here. We're working hard, and got pretty good numbers for only really being able to do work for about three days or so. I was still sick at the beginning and then we had exchanges in Vermillion. And we got an Investigator at church!!! That was pretty dang cool. I hope he didn't get a little creeped out when the branch got really excited. Oh, and please, never talk about deep doctrine when you know an investigator's at church! It's SO much better in a setting like a lesson for it to be mentioned so we can talk about it. Just sayin.

I'm talking this next week. Imagine that. It's on faith. Elder Nelson's was yesterday on D&C 4. Turd. Got the easy one. Transfers are next week. If he leaves (which may just cause our branch mission leader to go inactive or move to wherever Elder Nelson goes to haha) we're all betting he's going to go Zone Leader. I'm still betting on me as Assistant (just joking).

I loved hearing about your missionary service and the pictures! Erin, congrats on your decision to serve a mission! You'll do great! But Erin and David teaching a Marriage and Family class? No wonder dad had to comment a lot in it.

We're doing a lot of Less Active work too. Which I had always had good experiences with. Until this week. Crazy. But most Less Actives love missionaries and love having visits from us.

I hope all continues to be well with you.
Love you!
Church is true,
Elder Gates

No comments: