Hello home!
Ok, so, last week I asked my parents if I should get a flu shot (apparently it was dumb to ask because if I had just read President Talbots' Email I would have noticed the note by Sister Talbot telling us to all get flu shots and swine flu vaccinations). Well, I just figured that I would just wait until the next Prep Day, Today, to do that, because that preparation day would be way too busy and I didn't want to do something like that on a day I could be out working. Well, about thursday this week my companion got sick and, as I knew would happen, I followed. Just a crappy cough, weird headaches, feeling dehydrated, and lightheadedness. So we've been out since then which hasn't been much fun.
We did, however, make it to the party our branch mission leader threw at his house. We aren't allowed to go out past 6 to anything other than a members' house on halloween, and so we dressed up and went to his murder mystery dinner. My costume was Donatello from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (a very fine reproduction of a cheap style of costume usually used by parents for 4 year olds, or so I considered it), Elder Jones from Vermillion came as the Joker, Elder John from Vermillion didn't dress up, but because he's Native American just claimed to be a Werewolf from Twilight before he transforms (I thought it was lazy yet creative) and my companion...well...he was a little old lady. Problem: It's hard to see a six foot something twenty-year-old as anything other than a six-foot-something twenty-year-old, no matter how good his costume is. So that was...scary. I'll send pictures home.
But yeah, the work is going well, when we're not sick. While a couple investigators seem to be falling through, we have one that seems to have potential, despite some barriers. We seem to be able to address his concerns well, so we're pretty hopeful for him. He's neither accepted or rejected the baptismal commitment we gave to him, so hey, no rejection! He's also going to come to church this sunday, hopefully.
I can't wait to just get out and work again. I'm feeling better, so by tomorrow I should be in good enough working order to tract and all that jazz again. Being inside all day friday when Elder Nelson was sick got me pretty stir crazy. We tried to do a few things here and there this weekend, besides the couple prescheduled events (church, break the fast, the party, visiting less actives), but I'm excited to get back out and work. Even if you kind of look forward to some kick-back time on your mission, you still go crazy when you can't just WORK. I might just go crazy when I get home haha but I think that's any normal RM....
I also got a bunch of letters and packages this week! Thank you everyone that sent something out! I might take awhile responding, though. I went from one letter in three weeks to about ten letters and packages in four days. It's always a good boost to get letters and packages! Too bad it was right in the middle of sickness...bleh.
All's well here! No worries, mom, next year I'll jump on vaccinations much sooner haha
Love,
Elder Charlie Gates