Here's a little bio on my future mission president and his wife. Apparently was in the church news and was forwarded onto us by President Talbot:
Laurle Z. and Dirk O. Jergensen
Dirk Orme Jergensen, 59, and Laurie Zwick Jergensen, six children, Lake Poway Ward, Poway California Stake. Brother Jergensen serves as a temple ordinance worker and a Church Service Missionary for LDS Social Services and is a former counselor in a stake presidency, bishop, ward Young Men president, gospel doctrine teacher and missionary in the New Mexico-Arizona Mission. Founder/general manager, Omnicare of San Diego. Born in Rexburg, Idaho, to Orme M. and Ludeen Waldram Jergensen.
Sister Jergensen serves as a temple ordinance worker and a Church Service Missionary for LDS Social Services and is a former stake Relief Society president, counselor in stake Young Women and Primary presidencies, ward Young Women president and counselor, ward Primary president, counselor in a ward Relief Society presidency and ward Primary teacher. Born in Salt Lake City, Utah, to William Evert Zwick Jr. and Audrey McDonough Zwick.
So my comp just got some pictures from home that he's showing me. They mean something to him....
Anyway, I'm starting to see how people run out of things to say in their emails home. The work here is going great. Elder Heyborne and I are on the same page about how the work needs to go and that helps a ton. We may not have the highest numbers, but there's a lot of necessary work to be done that doesn't necessarily equate into huge numbers right away.
We had zone conference this week, which was awesome. The problem arose, however, while we were in zone conference. Some more stinkin snow decided to weasel its way into our weather and added up to a bunch of snow on the roads by the time we were headed home. This was my first time driving in a snowstorm for that long, so that was fun. It's only about forty-five minutes or so to the Des Moines Stake Center (usually) so it's not TOO far. It's not Yankton or Muscatine, that's for sure.
An elder in our district has been having some serious health problems and may go home. I hope this isn't the case, but it looks like it might be. We'll find out today. I'm thinking, thought, that if he does go home I may end up in another threesome companionship.
Cris is still on for baptism this coming saturday! She's really stoked for it. And our other progressing investigator is recognizing its truthfulness, and is wanting to start family home evenings with her kids and wants them there for the lessons, which is awesome. It was my first time teaching someone how to have family home evenings.
I think that's it. Snow's still coming. Usually it melts not long after coming down, only sticking around for awhile, but in this case it just won't leave. Snowblowers (I never really knew what that was until I got here. They're like lawnmowers for your snow! I always imagined them looking like leafblowers....) are having a hard time throwing the snow over the mounds that are already there. Sooo, that's fun. Woo.
Oh, and a little thing I've forgotten to tell you for a long time, when I went to Nauvoo in my first area, we had the privilege of having the Temple President speak to our small group. I know, random and a small tidbit, but still cool.
As I told Dad, but figured I might as well stick it in writing where Mom and Cari and whoever else you show the FPEO section to can see easily: President Talbot said in my interview with him that he really trusts me, and even if the numbers aren't high, he knows I'm doing what needs to be done here. He trusts me that I know what needs to be done here. He thanked me for the missionary I am and everything. I didn't know how to react to being bombarded by so many compliments.... That was a pretty humbling situation.
I love you all
Elder Gates