Did you feast on the Book of Mormon? That's my text I send to all of the Marshallese youth at night.
So this week we had 21 lessons taught to investigators with members present, and that's with only six days of working, as we had zone conference this past week. That also includes 4 people invited to baptism and 3 new dates set, but only one of those new ones went through as the other two didn't make it to church. This next weekend we will have three baptisms: Branton and Dino, two awesome Marshallese youth, and Mary, who had the triplets. The first two will be on Saturday and Mary will be on Sunday, as she will be visiting up from Iowa City. Zone Conference down in Iowa City was great. It really was a spiritual conference and helped me learn a lot about how I can improve myself. I especially enjoyed a video of a talk Elder Russell M. Nelson had given at the MTC about PMG and how it was devised primarily because of the number of missionaries who would go home and go less active. I really like its goal to convert us so that we can convert others. Besides that, this week has simply just been a whirlwind of teaching, and much like the people in the Book of Mormon, I've lost my strength due to the spirituality of it all. Two of our dates have wanted to move their dates back to give themselves more time, which is ok. Our days are lessons from 1-5, dinner from members and a lesson to them, then more lessons after that, followed by going home, planning, and then writing in the area book for all of the people we taught that day and then going to bed. Each of those daily appointments consist of more than one person usually. We also have started up a new things of teaching in the Marshallese sunday school. Some Marshallese members have a hard time with the Word of Wisdom and gambling, and so when we asked the Sunday School teacher to teach a lesson on those topics, he asked us to do it as they would respect it more coming from us. So this Sunday was the first of a three-part series. I felt impressed to stand before them and give a speech on how much we love and respect them and how possible having a Marshallese branch is, but only if they make a few necessary changes. We then shared with them the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end). Mike and Ronnie, the Marshallese Priests who go out with us to most of our lessons, helped translate. Well, I have got to get going in order to start teaching lessons on time. We don't have P-Day's anymore. Tomorrow I am going on my going home temple trip! I love Nauvoo!
Ij yokwe yuk!
Elder Gates