Hey Everyone,
Ok, let me respond to a few of these questions that have been asked:
Flooding. Yes, there has been quite a bit of flooding, but Dubuque has a large flood wall and so it didn't do any damage in Dubuque. In East Dubuque, on the other side of the river, it caused some flooding, but no real damage. At least I don't think so. There's a little area that has some houses right on the flood plane. They intentionally build those houses with the garages on the lower level and the house on top. So for at least a couple weeks each year they must row boats to the shore to do anything. I don't get it myself, but whatever. There was more flooding down in Savanna, another area in our district, but that only covered one street and I don't think it caused too much damage. Sandbagging was done, for as much as that was worth, and it looked like it was going to do damage, but never did. It got into the basement of the church there, which is just a storefront on the main street.
The old computer. Yeah, chuck it. I will need a new computer...I'm figuring i'm going to have quite the shopping list when I get home....
Tom and Amy's baby. Congrats!
I think that's about it.
Alright, so, in the way of the work. We're still on for the two baptisms on Saturday, and we set another baptismal date for July. Ejmi and Mailalyne passed their baptismal interviews so they are on track for the baptism. I'm sure more baptismal dates will be set soon as well.
I know everybody who reads this, claims to read this, or I simply assume reads this, were not all there for my call home, but I don't have much more to update you all on than that.
Oh, and we had a Marshallese first birthday party. We were so busy we only made part of it, but it was great as always. My personal favorite part was when the Dora the Explorer pinata body was knocked off of the head, and we ended up with a head hanging from a rope. So morbid, so wrong, and such a great picture.
--
Love,
Elder Gates
"Complete conversion comes after many trials and much testing." Bible Dictionary