This subject was a quote Elder Noel shared with me just hours before the quote in conference by Neil L. Anderson about the sun never setting on missionaries. There's extremely little to report on this week. Another exchange went on until this morning from Sunday night to ensure no deaths happened in Galena. Galena will actually be closing this next transfer and me and whoever I'm getting will cover it as well as our own area. Here is transfers: The Galena Elders are both leaving, one to go home and Elder Poulson to go somewhere else, one elder is going home from Savanna for severe depression, both of the sisters are whitewashing out, and Elder Noel is going home, of course. So out of our district of 8 missionaries, 6 are leaving, 3 are going home, and 2 are staying. That's a pretty big turn around. Elder Medina, the other elder in Savanna that is staying, is going to be our district leader, which I think will be great. I've been promised a good companion, which is hard for me to grasp. We'll see tomorrow. Going to Galena was good but it was mostly just visiting with people to say goodbye and to show me people I need to see since I'll be covering that area.
Conference was great! But all of you should have seen it anyway. If you haven't, see it! Just like if you haven't set up a Mormon.org account, do it! Anyway, I really felt like what was said was what I needed right now. Except for the marriage talks, but, hey, I can look those up later when I need them. I get the point, though: Don't waste time after the mission, get married! Whatever.
Speaking of which, this less active in Galena who's about 68 said I have reddish hair and that redheads are hot. Then when I was getting a picture with her, she went to put her arm around me, realized my hand was at my side, so she grabbed it, with full-on interdigitation, and then realized that was weird and resorted to putting her harm around me. Flip! What's with old people liking me??? Apparently if I was born 70 years ago I'd have all the looks necessary to have the girls throw themselves at me like some Tag Bodyspray commercial. Ugh....
Anyway.
I'm excited for the mission calls that are coming in! Congratulations to Mike, Jr!!
Love you all! Love this area!
--
Love,
The Transcendentally Beautiful Elder Gates
(Doctrine and Covenants 137:2)