Hello Everybody,
Well, no, I didn't get the tie on friday. I did get it on Saturday, though. It was disappointing to not have the tie I would have been wearing Friday at Cari's wedding on the day I would have worn it, but I wore one of Elder Heyborne's all-pink ties and went to work. The going to work part was probably the worst part of the day, but I knew I'd feel worse if I didn't. I got it the next day, though, rubber-banded to a package sent from Elder Heyborne's family. His was sent two days after yours. For those who do not know much about geography, let me explain a little something. Vermont is farther away from Iowa than Utah. Not sure if you (or the postal service) knew that. So, by normal calculations, my package should have reached me sooner than his. False, apparently. I figure that what happened was that they got word in their computer network that another package of the same size was coming out and figured to just hold onto mine until his was there, too, to make it easier for the postal workers (Heaven forbid they have to carry two packages that weigh less than a pound on two separate days). Strangely, that was also the only day that week that we got mail. Hmmm.... Not that I'm bitter or nothin. The tie was great, though, and it was wonderful being able to talk to you. James does sound like he'll fit right into our crazy family just fine.
Despite missing the wedding it's been a pretty good week. We got some good work done and taught some great lessons. Our main investigator that we've been teaching for awhile even came to church for the first time, which was awesome. We hope to set a baptismal date soon with her.
But, the bigger news is that we are going to the temple this coming saturday. There's a branch temple trip to Nauvoo and a couple of our recent converts are going, so we got permission to go as well. That'll be three times on my mission, when most don't get to go by now. Once in each area! I'm hoping to be able to hop on through a session before the baptisms, but I'm kind of doubting it. We might just end up having to hang out with all the teens and converts while the teens' parents go through a session or something, or we may not even end up getting there until it's time for the baptisms. I'm looking forward to going through a session in Nauvoo, even if it doesn't end up happening until my end of mission temple trip.
So yeah, that's about it for updates.
Love you all,
Your Favorite Missionary,
Elder Charlie Gates