Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Three Muscatines and the Internet of Doom

Hello Everybody,
I wrote a long, amazing, spiritual email, and it was erased, either because MPC computer (whoever heard of MPC?) erased it or the server here at Muscatine Community College got overloaded (who knows how, there's ten computers maybe in this tiny podunk college, my high school was bigger) or because myldsmail.net screwed up. Take your pick.

I really don't have much time to waste on here anymore, and I'm fairly frustrated. Not to mention if I make it too long again it'll probably erase it all again. So just consider it my personal 116 pages.

So here's the gist:

Really busy but good week. Didn't do much missionary work throughout because of moving out the old spanish apartments' stuff and moving in Senor Nelson and Zone Conference which took most of wednesday and thursday. Zone conference was cool, the lesson was to have the Spirit be your 3rd, or in our case 4th, companion and be the senior companion. It's something I'd tried to do before, but it was an awesome lesson to learn even more about it and something I've been trying to apply. I also had a good interview with President Talbot there, he gave me some good advice about having courage to open my mouth and also to make sure not to say too much, for too many missionaries fall into that habit too. It's been awesome trying to apply those things these last couple days where we've been running around trying to finish our 10 hours of tracting we've committed to do each week. I had some awesome experiences during the 4.5 hours tracting on saturday and sunday each, and I learned a lot from them. Nonmembers reading this, just try it out for yourself. Just read a little of the book of mormon and pray about it to know if it's true. For God won't punish you for asking. God loves us and wants us to know. Members, don't be afraid to open your mouths and share the gospel too. You might think you don't have enough time, but it says in the scriptures that God will provide in all of the commandments He gives us, and is member missionary work not a commandment?
Bought myself a shirt for the local high school. There's only one high school in town, Muscatine High School, and their colors are purple and gold, their the home of the Muskies, and their symbol looks like the UW "W" just upside down and italicized slightly. So when I saw a shirt that looks just like the purple with yellow lettering Huskies shirts that said Muskies instead, I had to get it. It cracked me up. [My bike isn't being used much right now cuz we're not on car share. It's doing well, but I gotta do some work on the gears cuz my pant leg got caught in them once and it won't shift into anything other than the middle gear, but it will shift into 1-7 in that middle gear, if that makes any sense. thank you for the package and everything in it, I got it saturday, and I got the Dear Elder last tuesday. Probably normal mail would be the best option now.]
This church truly is the church of Christ again on the earth. I know this for myself. It has blessed my life so very much, as I know it will all of yours too.

Love,
Elder Charlie Gates

No comments: